Create iOS games and apps with Swift and Objective-C. Take your app ideas from concept to completion and learn the tools, frameworks, and best practices used by mobile developers around the world.
Throughout this intensive course, you will study professional techniques and practices as you advance your skills in iOS development. This course includes career development curriculum to get you ready for your job search, plus job search assistance after graduation.
Daytime and Nights & Weekend tracks are each 400 hours total. Course hours include lecture, lab, and coworking.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create mobile apps in Objective-C and Swift, Apple's new programming language.
- Use industry tools and frameworks such as Cocoa, Xcode, UIKit, Git, and more.
- Understand and know how to properly use UIKit, asynchronous code, CoreImage, NSURLSession and JSON, MapKit and CoreLocation, AutoLayout, Source Control, Core Data, Animation, and the app submission process.
- Given a series of career development workshops and the web development knowledge, experience, habits, and practices learned in this course, students will create an online brand, network, and resume; and will demonstrate aptitude in personal and technical interviews of varying formats, in order to conduct a successful job search and obtain a job as an iOS Developer.
- Code 301
- Students with previous mobile development experience can test out of this requirement in their application. If you'd like to test straight into this course, you will need to showcase at least one live web or mobile app that shows off your skills as a developer.
- All students are expected to complete the prework for this course before the first day of class.