Awesome Job Event Preview
Tomorrow, Jan. 16, we’re hosting “How To Get An Awesome Job” in South Lake Union (find out more). I can’t believe that not only do we have 125 people coming, we have a wait-list of 30 people.
This is our first event and we completely sold out the event. We’re totally excited. It should be a great event–and some great companies will be there to meet job candidates.
Rand Fishkin, CEO of SEOmoz, will be giving a short keynote followed by a CTO panel. I’m hosting the panel; below is the list of questions I sent to the CTOs:
- How should someone find go about getting an engineering job?
- What you look for in engineering candidates?
- Most common mistakes you see from engineering applicants?
- What makes a really successful engineer at your company?
- What about your culture makes your company a great place to work?
- What’s your advice to engineers for them to be successful in their careers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working at a early stage technology company?
Let me know if we’re missing any critical questions and see you on Jan. 16!