Create mobile games and apps for the Android and iOS operating systems. Take your app ideas from concept to completion and learn the tools, frameworks, and best practices used by mobile developers around the world.
Throughout this intensive course, you will study professional techniques and practices as you advance your skills in mobile development. This course includes career development curriculum to get you ready for your job search, plus job search assistance after graduation.
This course includes a career coaching curriculum to get you ready for your job search, plus job search assistance after graduation. The course totals 400 hours, including lectures, lab, coworking, and collaborative projects.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create mobile apps in Java for the Android operating system and Swift for the iOS operating system.
- Use industry tools and frameworks, such as Cocoa, Xcode, UIKit, and Git.
- Understand and know how to properly use UIKit, asynchronous code, CoreImage, NSURLSession and JSON, AutoLayout, Source Control, Core Data, Animation, and the app submission process.
- Code 301
- Students with previous mobile development experience can test out of this requirement in their application. If you'd like to test straight into this course, you will need to showcase at least one live web or mobile app that shows off your skills as a developer.
- All students are expected to complete the prework for this course before the first day of class.