Things have rapidly changed for the global workforce and they will never be the same again. For the first time we are offering our tried and true Career Coaching Curriculum, in a stand-alone, online format. We have been successfully training our graduates to find work in the tech industry since 2013 and are excited to share our curriculum with a broader online audience. The job market is still bright for software developers and tech workers. We are here to help with your transition into this industry.
The course will run for 15 hours of instruction with assignments for you to work on between class sessions. You will discover how to build your personal brand, how to actually network, and what interpersonal skills really matter. This training will help you build an effective strategy for the job hunt, become a strong team member in the companies you will join, and set you up to become a strong leader in the tech industry. Our curriculum has seven pillars with assignments ranging from perfecting your personal pitch, to mastering the interview with mock interviews, to create a compelling resume.
Seven Pillars of a successful job search:
- Professional etiquette
- Professional pitch
- Creating a network
- Job search readiness
- Targeted job search
- Professional materials
- Creating a network
- Behavioral interview questions
At the end of this course students will:
- Understand expected attitudes and behaviors in a professional setting
- Craft a practiced personal pitch and understand how, when and why to use one to maximize opportunities
- Understand how to grow a strong professional network and the value of maintaining it. Become part of the robust Code Fellows network.
- Develop necessary materials for a successful job search such as a polished resume, LinkedIn, GitHub & professional online presence
- Learn how to target a job search and focus efforts for effective results
- Understand the difference between behavioral interview questions and tech interview questions. Have well-polished answers to behavioral interview questions
- Develop your personal brand and be able to eloquently present your value to the tech industry with a brief presentation
- Develop public (online) speaking
- Learn how to learn, collaborate and work online using the latest teleworking technology
Students enrolling in this coures should:
- Desire to work in the tech industry
- Willingness to receive and offer feedback with cohort