For years, Java has consistently maintained its place as the world's most popular language used today. As a "write one, run anywhere" language, Java is used on all kinds of devices, from mobile phones to submarines.
In this class, students will learn and use the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) to design object-oriented applications with Java Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) Platform.
At the end of this course students will:
- Create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology.
- Develop their object-oriented programming skills.
- Know the benefits of inheritance, interfaces, and class composition.
- Identify good practices in the use of the language to create robust Java application.
- See Lambda expressions in Java applications.
- Store and manipulate data using collections.
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems.
Students enrolling in this coures should:
- Understand basic programming: flow control and OOP in any other language
- Complete the IntelliJ Hello World Tutorial