For years, Java has consistently maintained its place as the world's most popular language used today. As a "write one, run anywhere" language, Java is used on all kinds of devices, from mobile phones to submarines. We're partnering with Oracle to bring proven curriculum to our fast-paced class formula.
In this class, students will learn and use the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) to design object-oriented applications with Java Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) Platform.
At the end of this course students will:
- Create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology.
- Develop their object-oriented skills.
- Identify good practices in the use of the language to create robust Java application.
- Use Lambda expressions in Java applications.
- Store and manipulate data using collections.
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems.
- Connect to databases using standard SQL queries through JDBC.
- Create high-performance multi-threaded applications.
Students enrolling in this coures should:
- Understand basic programming: flow control and OOP in any other language
- Complete the IntelliJ Hello World Tutorial