At the end of this course students will:
- Emerge with a thorough knowledge of the React ecosystem, including JSX for templating, Redux for state management, React-Router for front-end routing, Enzyme for testing, and Gatsby for static site generation.
- Be able to scaffold, design, build, and test several different styles of front-end websites.
- Enhance their skills with Lodash and functional programming styles.
- Implement a single-page application where data is retrieved from RESTful API services.
- Generate a static website from collections of files.
So that everyone is starting at relatively the same point, students enrolling in this coures should have:
- Fluent knowledge of HTML and the browser DOM
- Familiarity with the browser event cycle
- Experience with REST APIs, AJAX, and related technologies
- Experience working in a pair programming environment
- Knowledge of source control (Git)
To participate adequately and get the most out of the course, students should also be at least passingly familiar with:
- Some knowledge of Webpack basics (Read this handy tutorial for a refresher)
- Functional programming style, including map, reduce, and filter, and object immutability
- HTML5 semantic markup
- Testing frameworks for front-end code, including headless browsers (e.g. PhantomJS) and test runners (e.g. Mocha)