Thinking about a new career in software development? Want to see how AI is impacting the industry? Start here! In this workshop, you'll get to experience writing code from scratch, and learn how to work with AI tools.
Code 101 is about learning what it looks like to be a software developer through an immersive course for beginners that focuses on front-end web development technologies.
Get a taste of the Code Fellows learning experience, find out how websites are built, and code a webpage yourself using professional coding practices.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Embrace the power of modern AI tools and gain experience in using them as a problem solving ally, research assistant, and productivity enhancer.
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create the modern web.
- Create a complete website.
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the Code Fellows program is right for you.