Not sure where or how to start learning software development? Or maybe you’re discouraged by the confusing interfaces, unclear error messages, and unexplained concepts of online coding tutorials. Just want a little help getting ready for Code 201?
If you’re ready to get unstuck and move beyond the concepts covered in Code 101, come work with experienced developers who can help guide you through your learning. Join us for our NEW Code 102! You’ll recieve 30 hours of instruction as you blast through the prework for Code 201, while getting a tour of the tools and techniques of modern developers.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Complete the entirety of Code 201's required prework.
- Configure your computer and see the workflow for serious software development, with free and open-source tools.
- Get introduced to programming concepts like variables, conditionals, and loops.
- Be more prepared for the challenges ahead in Code 201, or in learning to code anywhere.
- Have a wider network of new and experienced developers, and prepare your resume for all the awesome new skills you are about to learn.
- Required: Computer updated with latest version of OS, all security patches installed. See “Material Requirements” below.
- Recommended: Code 101
- Recommended: Be able to type at least 30 words per minute.