Not sure where or how to start learning software development? Or maybe you’re discouraged by the confusing interfaces, unclear error messages, and unexplained concepts of online coding tutorials. Just want a little help ramping up for Code 201?
If you’re ready to get unstuck and move beyond the concepts covered in Code 101, come work with experienced developers who can help guide you through your learning. Join us for Code 102! You’ll blast through preparations for Code 201, while getting a tour of the tools and techniques of modern developers.
Pick the schedule that works for you! Flexible course options means you can fit Code 102 into your life:
Daytime Immersive - Get it done in one week. Daily live, in-person instruction, and collaborate on assignments with peers.
Nights & Weekends - Keep your day job, but finish the class in 2 weeks. Join your instructor weeknights and all day Saturday for live, in-person instruction, and collaboration on assignments with peers.
Self-paced Online - Get it done on YOUR schedule. Access recorded lecture videos and live chat with peers. Finish class in under a month, on your own timeline, with scheduled screen-share support from your instructor.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Complete the entirety of Code 201's required prework.
- Configure your computer and see the workflow for serious software development, with free and open-source tools.
- Learn to write documentation using Markdown.
- Practice using a version control workflow with GitHub.
- Dive deeper into the proper usage of “semantic” HTML tags.
- Practice utilizing CSS to make your web pages look the way you want.
- Get introduced to programming concepts like: Variables, Conditionals and Loops.
- Be more prepared for the challenges ahead in Code 201, or in learning to code anywhere.
- Have a wider network of new and experienced developers, and prepare your resume for all the awesome new skills you are about to learn.