Becoming a well-rounded developer is much more than learning language syntax.
In this intensive course, you will learn with AI to study the common core of software development, including the MVC pattern, object-oriented and functional programming, and computer science fundamentals such as basic data structures and algorithms. Come learn how to create and deploy web apps that leverage generative AI capabilities, built with the “MERN” stack (Mongo, Express, React, and Node.js).
This course includes a career coaching curriculum to get you ready for your job search. The course totals 160 hours, including lectures, lab, coworking, and collaborative projects.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Build a new class of applications, with generative AI capabilities
- Build dynamic front-end and back-end applications deployed to cloud platforms
- Explain the fundamentals of how the World Wide Web works, over the internet
- Utilize dependency management techniques to build with third-party libraries such as ExpressJS and React-Bootstrap
- Persist data in a NoSQL database, sourced from third-party APIs or user-generated content
- Authenticate users using a third-party OAuth library
- Follow agile software development practices during week-long sprints, including pair-programming, stand-ups, daily retrospectives, project management with Kanban boards, regular refactoring, and working in a shared codebase
- Enroll in a Code 401 course or attain an entry-level website development job or internship by completing the course requirements
- Code 201
- Students with previous experience can test out of this requirement in their application. If you'd like to test straight into Code 301, please make sure you have experience with all of the topics listed on the Code 201 course page.
Once you are accepted into the course, please complete the Code 301 Prework.