Thinking about a new career in software development? Start here! In this one-day workshop, you'll get a taste of a day in the life of a software developer.
Get a sneak peek of the Code Fellows learning experience, find out how websites are built, and code a webpage yourself using industry-standard tools and professional coding practices.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create the modern web.
- Create a complete website.
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the Code Fellows program is right for you.
Set up Visual Studio Code, Terminal, and Git. Follow the guide for your operating system below.
Having trouble following these guides? An hour before the start of the workshop will be dedicated to helping students get their computers set up with these tools.