Ready to hack what’s inside the box? Curious about how computers really work? Ever wonder how technology professionals build physical computers, upgrade components, configure virtual machines? Join us for Ops 102! You’ll blast through preparations for Ops 201, deploying and configuring your very own home virtualization lab, which will serve as a platform for skill development as you move through the Ops program and beyond.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Know how to leverage AI tools to get the job done safely and efficiently
- Understand the core building blocks of computing
- Have your own home lab capable of virtualization
- Develop proficiency in installing software in Linux
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with computer hardware internals and peripherals
- Be fully prepared for the challenges ahead in Ops 201
- Be a part of a learning community, and begin to prepare your resume and professional skills for an in-demand technical career
- Required: Computer updated with the latest version of OS, all security patches installed. See “Material Requirements” below.
- Required: Basic home internet usage and computer skills.
- Required: Pass the 102 entrance exam. This includes a typing test, and requires you to type at least 30 words per minute with 90% accuracy.
- Once you are accepted into the course, please complete the Ops 102 Prework.