Ready to hack what’s inside the box? Curious about how computers really work? Ever wonder how technology professionals build physical computers, upgrade components, configure virtual machines? Join us for Ops 102! You’ll blast through preparations for Ops 201, while getting a tour of the tools and techniques of modern IT professionals and Cybersecurity at the single computer level.
Pick the track that works for you! Flexible course options means you can fit Ops 102 into your life:
Daytime Immersive - Get it done in one week. Come to campus daily for live, in-person instruction, and collaborate on assignments with peers.
Nights & Weekends - Keep your day job, but finish the class in 2 weeks. Join your instructor weeknights and all day Saturday for live, in-person instruction, and collaboration on assignments with peers.
Self-paced Online - Get it done on YOUR schedule. Access recorded lecture videos and live chat with peers. Finish class in under a month, on your own timeline, with scheduled screen-share support from your instructor.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have confidence in performing basic computer technical operations within an operating system
- Dive deeper into how computer workstations function
- Get introduced to IT operations concepts like provisioning, virtualization, working with hardware interfaces, and more
- Develop proficiency in installing new software and peripherals
- Be fully prepared for the challenges ahead in Ops 201
- Have a wider network of new and experienced information systems professionals, and prepare your resume for all the awesome new skills you are about to learn
- Required: Computer updated with the latest version of OS, all security patches installed. See “Material Requirements” below
- Required: Ops 101 or equivalent exposure to basic IT systems