Ready to hack what’s inside the box? Curious about how computers really work? Ever wonder how technology professionals build physical computers, upgrade components, configure virtual machines? Join us for Ops 102! You’ll blast through preparations for Ops 201, deploying and configuring your very own home virtualization lab, which will serve as a platform for skill development as you move through the Ops program and beyond.
Pick the schedule that works for you! Flexible course options means you can fit Ops 102 into your life:
Daytime Immersive - Ready to dive in full time? Work through the course in just one week. Get trained via live, personal instruction from an experienced professional and educator. Work through your hands-on assignments in collaboration with peers looking to switch into a career in cyber / ops.
Nights & Weekends - Not quite ready to quit your day job? The Nights & Weekends schedule may be part-time, but it’s still intensive! Join us weeknights for 2 weeks and on one Saturday for the exact same in-depth curriculum offered in the Daytime Immersive. Your instructor will be there for every class, providing live instruction and demos, guiding you through lab assignments, to help you and your peers level up.
Self-paced Online - Want to prepare for Ops 201 at your own pace? Get it done on YOUR schedule and complete the same curriculum in our self-paced option. Access lecture videos, join a chat channel dedicated to you and your peers, and schedule screen-share sessions with an instructor to help you get unstuck. Take up to a month to work through the hands-on assignments, turning them in for grading through the exact same system the other schedules use.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the core building blocks of computing
- Have your own home lab capable of virtualization
- Develop proficiency in installing software in Linux
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with computer hardware internals and peripherals
- Be fully prepared for the challenges ahead in Ops 201
- Be a part of a learning community, and begin to prepare your resume and professional skills for an in-demand technical career
- Required: Computer updated with the latest version of OS, all security patches installed. See “Material Requirements” below.
- Required: Basic home internet usage and computer skills.
- Once you are accepted into the course, please complete the Ops 102 Prework.