Gain hands-on server and networking skills in this exciting course that follows the journey of the fictional GlobeX Corporation as it grows from a startup to a multinational enterprise with fully-functional network and information systems. As their new administrator, get ready to deploy systems and design new networks in this fast-paced learning environment that mirrors critical on-the-job scenarios designed to prepare you for real-world Ops challenges.
The course integrates practical network and systems administration operations such as network design and troubleshooting, VPN tunneling, firewall configuration, network security, server deployment and configuration, user identity management, scripting & automation, and system health monitoring with professional exercises in change management and project planning in a simulated on-the-job narrative.
This course includes a career coaching curriculum to get you ready for your job search. The course totals 160 hours, including lectures, lab, coworking, and collaborative projects.
This course will substantially prepare you for achieving the learning objectives of CompTIA Network+ certification. This course covers significant aspects of all five domains required for Network+.
- CompTIA Network+
- 1.0 Networking Fundamentals
- 2.0 Network Implementations
- 3.0 Network Operations
- 4.0 Network Security
- 5.0 Network Troubleshooting
Students are strongly encouraged to register for the CompTIA Network+ exam during course prework, and take the exam during the final module.
At the end of this course, you will be able to land an entry-level Network Operations Specialist or Systems Administrator job with skills to:
- Use AI-based tools to accelerate learning and problem-solving
- Apply lightweight Agile project management methodologies
- Administer critical IT and network systems
- Practice identity management in Active Directory (AD)/LDAP protocol
- Design and deploy a client-server network including a domain controller (DC)
- Create and push group policy to endpoints
- Analyze how cloud systems can integrate into on-premise systems
- Automate OS tasks using scripting languages Bash, Powershell, and Python
- Design and deploy network infrastructure using the open source pfSense virtual appliance
- Extend the capabilities of pfSense using packages
- Troubleshoot challenging network connectivity problems
- Oversee patch management of Windows endpoints
- Be prepared for an Ops 401: Cybersecurity Engineering course
- Required: Familiarity with algebra concepts.
- Ops 201: Foundations of Computer Operations: Learn to support technology operations by resolving issues with hardware, software, and virtual or cloud systems.
Once you are accepted into the course, please complete the Ops 301 Prework.