Read on for tips on your application, how to conduct your jobs search, what students thought of the program, and more.
Before You Enroll
Students are often overwhelmed by the application process and unsure what to expect. On top of having stellar admissions advisors ready to help you navigate the ins and outs of your application, we published these guides to help you nail the process.
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Applying to a Code School
- How to Test into Code 401
- 7 Battle-Tested Tips to Prepare for a Coding Bootcamp
Funding Your Bootcamp
Need financing options? Check out the options below (plus advice from our CEO!) for financing, housing stipends, and more to make your time on campus as stress-free as possible.
- How to Finance Your Bootcamp Education
- Climb Credit Financing is Now Available for Code Fellows Students
- Expanded Financing Options Now Available from Skills Fund
How to Prepare
The time between accepted and the first day of class is a valuable time that you can use to gear up for class. The more you practice during this time period (however long or short), the easier your first few weeks of class will be.
- 14 Online Learning Resources for an Aspiring Web Developer
- How to Choose a Stack
- The 6 Skills Every Developer Needs (and How to Test for Them)
- Plan Your Career Change
Learning in such a high-intensity environment takes grit and more than a little gumption. Here’s why our curriculum is designed the way it is, and how you can make the most of it.
- Join the Community: 8 Websites Where You Should Make Your Presence Known
- 15+ Programming Books to Keep on Your Shelf
- How to Accelerate Your Learning with Stacked Modules
- Peer Programming: 5 Reasons Why Learning in a Group Beats Studying on Your Own
Once you’ve completed your final assignment and given your last presentation, another challenge is on the horizon: applying for jobs and landing an interview.
Applying for Your New Career
Here’s our advice for getting your foot in the door, nailing an interview, negotiating job offers, and excelling in your new role.
- 5 Traits Google Looks for in New Hires
- 5 Tactics that Sabotage Your Job Search
- What You Shouldn’t Put on Your Resume
- Job Interviews: What Not to Do
- 10 Pitfalls That Can Hold You Back from Being Hired
- How to Negotiate & Assess a Job Offer
- What Success as a Developer Looks Like
- 5 Ways to Avoid Being a Terrible New Hire
What Students are Saying
Want to know what our students really think of their time on campus, and what advice they have for others? Read the articles below to get a better picture of the learning environment and results at Code Fellows.
- The 42-Year-Old Coding Virgin
- The End: Transitioning After a Full-Time Bootcamp
- Why Code? A Veteran’s Take on Learning to Code at Code Fellows
- Why Dropping Out of College was the Best Decision I Ever Made
- Every Technical Interview I have Had in the Last Two Months Has Lead to a Job Offer - Yvonne Hayes
If you have even more questions and want to talk to someone in person about learning to code at Code Fellows, get in touch!