Step into the shoes of a data analyst and learn the methods of tackling interesting SQL problems with the help of complex joins, subqueries, and data reshaping.
SQL is the grammatical language of data analytics and data science. With this training, you can take your data manipulation skills to the next level with a much deeper understanding of how to work with large data sets. You will walk away from this class prepared to work more efficiently with your data, with the help of SQL and its powerful query options.
In class, we will work through each problem together, beginning conceptually on the whiteboard. We'll spend some time working through that same problem together with sample data, and then you will have the chance to practice what you've learned with a real data set.
At the end of this course students will:
- Use self joins to reshape data.
- Write simple and advanced subqueries.
- Conceptualize and speak about data granularity.
- Use advanced analysis techniques such as cohorting and market basket.
Students enrolling in this coures should:
- Have basic experience working with SQL.
- Be familiar with SELECT, FROM, JOIN, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING.
- Have some knowledge or experience writing subqueries.